Office Coordinator Position
The Office Coordinator represents an organization that stands for positive change that creates connections, and strengthens community to improve the quality of life in the Hawthorne Neighborhood as well as being passionate about working within this community. The Office Coordinator is responsible for the care of the office and reports to the Executive Director and will work Monday – Friday 8:00 a .m. – 2:30 p.m. This is a part-time position of 30 hours a week. There will be a 30 day probation period.
- Answer phones and route calls to correct person or voice mail.
- Responsible for mail and all supply orders.
- Maintain all correspondence files.
- Able to maintain postage meter.
- Responsible for maintaining passcodes and security codes.
- Establish positive working relationships with City, County and State agencies, community stakeholders, HNC Board of Directors and other neighborhood organizations.
- Manage the Annual meeting event. Participate on Community Shares Membership committee.
- Prepares required monthly progress reports and documents for monthly Board meeting. Also attend the Board meetings.
- Works closely with other staff members to achieve HNC mission.
- Participate in the planning and execution of neighborhood events and outreach opportunities. Work with Executive Director on Northside Urban Coalition initiatives.
- Maintain the Website, Facebook, Mail Chimp, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor Hawthorne social media platforms.
- Work closely with the Outreach Administrator on the Health & Well-being initiative.
- Create flyers, postcards, spreadsheets, newsletters and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Organization: Hawthorne Neighborhood Council is an outreach organization offering programing that creates connections, and strengthens community to improve the quality of life in the Hawthorne neighborhood through empowering the residents in order that they can address the physical, cultural, social and economic needs of the community.
Location: North Minneapolis Activity Area: Community Building and Volunteerism
Category: Administration Closing Date: open until filled
Job Type: Part Time Salary: $16.00 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week
High attention to details, exceptional organizational and multitasking skills, self-motivated. Possess great attitude and communication skills both verbal and written. Maintain a high level of professionalism with a positive attitude. Well organized self-starter and works professionally with volunteers. Knowledge of Facebook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word is a plus.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Project Management, Administrative skills, previous outreach experience in community building, communication and non-profit experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, writing sample and any other pertinent information to DHawkins@hncmpls.org.